Models always depend on their slim figures for their livelihood. They are role models who are very conscious of their bodies and spend a lot of time and energy making it imperative to stay slim. They spend every waking period in specific workout sessions, beautification specialists and relaxation centres.
These are a few tips to help kick keep you inline;
● Take a measurement of yourself before you start a specific workout session. Do this every two weeks to help keep you in check of your waistline.
● Study your body most especially as it relates to your meals because a review on your diet will be vastly crucial in determining which foods you will need to avoid.
● Keep yourself hydrated always. Sips of water ensure water is regulated round the body, do not gulp. Eat a cucumber because 90% of cucumber is water and it has just 10calories. Having adequate water in your body helps ward off hunger as well as help wash off wastes and toxins.
● Chew your meals and eat well. Your meals should comprise of tomatoes, lettuce, cabbage, cucumber, fruits such as watermelon, strawberry, blueberry, orange, pineapple, pawpaw, and foods such as oatmeal, wheatmeal, vegetable, cranberry, mixed nuts etc. These form a healthy snack.
● Reduce or stop the intake of saturated and Trans fats such as margerine, butter, mayonnaise and replace with olive oil, flaxseed, sunflower oil, coconut oil or avocado oil.
● Minimize your intake of alcohol. Red wine is good for the body so limit your alcohol intake to 3units a week
● Eat a little portion of meal because too much of everything has a very negative effect and takes its toll.
● Reduce your sugar intake. Sugar
● Try to boost your workout routine to two times in a day. Include fun activities such as swimming, outdoor games e.g. football, lawn tennis, basketball, hiking, badmington, indoor games such as table tennis, monopoly , pool (exercising your mind), squash, to make it interesting for you..
Below is a sample diet plan to help guide you. You can mix it anyway you want but always try to have a balanced diet. The key to having a fit and healthy body is to make you understand that it is not easy to be as you are. You have to work hard to succeed in the kind of body you want. Don't take the easy way out by crash-coursing your diet plan, rather, let your hard work reflect optimism and positive thinking which will bring out your inner beauty. Choose the best time in the day that suits you to exercise and stick to it. Try a different set of workout routines every week. Music is a good motivator, exercising to the beats of a track is a fun way to do it.
Sip a glass of water. You do this to regulate water throughout the body. Morning stretch, brisk walk for 30mins, jog for 15mins, water in sips at intervals while on rest break. Conclude exercise with aerobics, then stretch.
Oatmeal mixed with half a handful of blueberry and no milk. Drink water 30mins after breakfast in sips.
Unripe plantain porridge (made with tomato pastry, a pinch of olive oil, fish stock and vegetables) with fish
Salad (comprising of tomato, cucumber, spinach, apple) and a handful of unsalted mixed nuts. Can drink a blend of watermelon and cucumber or cranberry juice or water.
A glass of warm water with lemon or lime juice to cleanse the body. Morning stretch, 20 minutes cardio, 10minutes planks then stretch. (Set your workout rules include time)
Boiled egg, two sliced of wheat bread or toasted white bread with black coffee and sweetex (optional)
Sweet potato porridge douced in mixed vegetables (carrot, cabbage, onions, green pepper) and fish
Vegetable and fruit mix
Sip a glass of water. You do this to regulate water throughout the body. Stretch legs arms and neck, cardio and stretch. Drink a glass of water (sipping)
Moimoi with oatmeal
Boiled plantain, stew (should be boiled and not fried stew). Add chicken (after it's been boiled) with vegetables.
Drinking water in the morning helps rejuvinate the body. Do your warm ups, cardio, obliques and lower abs, then stretch. (Take water breaks)
Cereal mixed in fruits chumps (such as apple, strawberry, blueberry, pawpaw, pineapple etc.)
Wheat meal/ semovita/ amala with vegetable soup/ okro soup (cooked with tomato pastry rather than red oil. Can add a pinch of olive oil for thickness)
A handful of unsalted mixed nuts (groundnut, pistaccios, macademia, cashew) with cranberry juice or green tea
Rejuvinate your body. Set your pace for your workout routines, take water breaks in sips, finish with stretch.
Fruit mix (banana, cucumber, mango) or (red apple, pawpaw, tomato)
Beans, sweet potato, irish potato and yam porridge
Salad and green tea
Set the time for workouts at least twice in a day. Anytime that best suits you and stick to it. Drink water in sips -a glass.
Omelette (add a pinch of ground crayfish, parsley and thyme) with two slices of wheat bread with lipton tea (no milk)
Spoonful of rice, vegetable stew with assorted low-cholesterol meat e.g. cowleg, kpomo etc.
One indomie douced in carrot, cabbage, broccoli, onions, assorted vegetable.
Exercise routine according to what best suits you or agreed by your fitness instructor
Roasted potato, plantain with egg stew (no oil)
Wheatmeal/amala/semovita with any soup of your choice
Mixed vegetable with fish/ chicken
Eating an apple a day keeps the doctor away. Always stay hydrated by eating a cucumber, drinking lots of water. Exercise twice in a day. You can have fun while you exercise and try to keep fit. Jump ropes are fun, dancing, even riding a bicycle can be fun at the same time. Do something new for example join a dance class, yoga class, invite friends for dinner. Make it fun for you.
1. "8fun ways to stay un shape" - Rhea Seymour
2. Dieting tips for glamour models who take up modelling as a career